- Booth's Rock
Trail - Intermediate, Loop The Booth's Rock Trail is 5.1km long
starting at rock lake and looping back in a rough triangle.
- Centennial Ridges
Trail - Intermediate/Expert Loop Centennial Ridges Trail is about
10km long starting at coon lake.
- Brent Crater
- Novice, Loop While only 2km long the trail leads to a 3km wide meteorite
crater. Just off Brent road.
- Hardwood Lookout
Trail - Novice, Two Loops Easy hike of less than a km through a
beautiful deciduous forest. Off hwy 60 opposite smoke lake.
- Whiskey Rapids
Trail - Novice, Loop A relatively easy hike with access from hwy
60 about 7km from the western entrance.
- Spruce Bog Boardwalk
- Novice, Loop An easy walk through an interesting bog area which wouldn't
be accessible without the boardwalk.
- Hemlock Bluff
Trail - Novice, Loop The trail is 3.5km starting from hwy 60 and
looping up to Jack Lake.
- Track and Tower
- Intermediate Towards
the center of the park off hwy 60 the trail has a looped (about 7km)section
or a longer section (about 10km) leading to Mew Lake Campground
- Berm Lake Trail
- Novice, Loop This is a nice trail looping around Berm Lake and starting
just off Achray Road
- Bat Lake Trail
- Novice, Loop Some climbing is required to the lookout on this 5k loop
leaving from hwy 60.
- Barron Canyon
- Novice, Loop Far from the main corridor access from hwy 17 this is
an easy walk leading to a spectacular vista over looking the Barron
- Beaver Pond
Trail - Novice, Loop This a nice walk for nature buffs with the
work of the beavers being easily observed.
- Mizzy Lake Trail
- Intermediate, Loop This is a 13km loop through mixed terrain and touching
on a number of lakes. The trail is just off highway 60.
- Peck Lake Trail
- Novice, Loop An easy loop off hwy 60 following the edge of the lake.
- Two Rivers Trail
- Novice, Loop A short trail off hwy 60 with some climbing to provide
a nice view of the Madawaska.
- Lookout Trail
- Novice, Loop Only 1.9 km but provides a nice view of the surrounding
country side, off hwy 60.
resources section for more on the trail's brochures.
Park Map - Wonderful online map created by Jeffrey McMurtrie
under Creative Commons - make a contribution to show your appreciation.
For information on
outdoor guiding, instruction or canoe and equipment rentals, for the park
have a look at our Guides and
For current conditions,
along with definitive information on the park, contact the park authorities.
For regional information check with the local chambers of commerce and
tourism offices. Outdoor shops, outfitters and clubs in the vicinity of
the park may be other excellent sources of information.